In this article, we will understand Digital Marketing vs Traditional Marketing, which Marketing strategy is better? Scope of digital marketing or Scope for digital marketing What are the types of digital marketing? Career and Scope of Digital Marketing.
First of all we’ll know, What marketing?
Marketing is the process of getting potential customers by providing required products or services, and it is a process, involves researching, promoting, selling, and distributing goods and services.
What are the major types in marketing?
- Traditional marketing
- Digital marketing
Now, let’s see, what is Traditional Marketing?
Traditional marketing refers to any type of marketing that isn’t online. In simple words marketing a product without using the Internet.
For example, some methods are:
- Print Media: Daily Newspaper Ads, Magazine Ads, Flyers, billboards by the roads, and highways.
- Broadcast Media: Television Ads, Cinema theatre Ads, Radio Ads (FM Radio)
- Direct Mailing: Phone, Postcards, gift vouchers, and offer coupons.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing, its name itself states that marketing a product online / using the internet.
In simple words branding, promoting, or selling a product through the internet is Digital Marketing, and also called “Online Marketing”.
These online platforms can include social media, paid advertising, blogging, and more.
What are the types of digital marketing?
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Content marketing.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC)
- Affiliate marketing.
- Email marketing.
What is the difference between digital marketing vs traditional marketing?
The medium is the main difference between digital marketing vs traditional marking.
|Traditional Marketing||Digital Marketing|
|It reaches the Limited Area.||It reaches All Over Globe.|
|Specifying Target Customer is not possible.||Specifying a Target Customer is possible.|
|It is very expensive.||It is very economical.|
|Results are not guaranteed.||Generates Guaranteed Results.|
|It is a one-sided conversation, so we can’t engage the audience.||People can reply to and comment, we can engage the audience.|
|Customer feedback: To late and lengthy process||Customer feedback: Receives instant feedback|
How to choose the best strategy for a company?
It completely depends on its goals, time and how much money a company can spend.
We choose the best strategy based on the product, if that product is made for a 50yrs age audience, then advertising on Newspapers will be suggestable.
If a product is made for a 35 yrs age audience, that time advertising on social media is very effective and most suggetable.
There is still space to work on digital marketing vs traditional marketing, depending on age range, social class, and buying habits.
Scope of digital marketing / Scope for digital marketing.
Over the last few years Digital Marketing in India has witnessed an exponential growth and by the end of the year, 2020 it is expected to generate 20 lakhs over jobs per year.
- As per 2017, 460+ million users in INDIA.
- 250+ Million Social Active users in INDIA.
- By 2021 it crosses 800 Internet Users.
Career in digital marketing.
Entrepreneur: As an Entrepreneur, he/she can start his own Business.
Freelancer: As a Freelancer, he/she can work on individual projects.
Blogger: As a Blogger, he/she can earn from Google Adsense/Affiliate working for a company.
- As of now, on Naukri.com – 1,72,666 job opportunities are available.
- On Shine.com 1,27,765 job opportunities are available.
- On Timesjobs.com 2,94,530 job opportunities are available.
Earnings of a Digital Marketer.
- A Job holder as fresher can min Rs. 12000/- to 25000/- per month, depending on his performance.
- A Freelancer can earn Rs. 20,000 – 1,00, 000/- per month, depending on his project.
- A Blogger or Affiliator can earn Rs. 30,000 – 10,00,000/- per month, depending on his Content and Niche.
|Role||Salary in Rupees (per Annum)|
|Digital Marketing Manager||4 lakhs to 10 lakhs|
|SEO Manager||3 lakhs to 7 lakhs|
|SEM/PPC expert||3 lakhs to 5 lakhs|
|Web developer/designer||3 lakhs to 6 lakhs|
|Social Media Manager||3.5 lakhs to 7 lakhs|
|Content Writer||2.5 lakhs to 5 lakhs|
Benefits of digital marketing over traditional marketing.
- Reduced cost: The cost of advertising online compared with TV commercials is very low.
- Real-time result: Digital Marketing provides real-time results like Traffic (no. of visitors). the most active time of the day, conversion rates, bounce rates. When we have a result in hand, we don’t waste time taking action.
- Brand development: A Brand promotion through digital marketing is very easy via blog or a Page on social media.
- Non-intrusive: In digital marketing have the option to avoid intrusive content.
- Higher exposure: Digital advertising reaches out to the entire world, so we expose everywhere.
- Higher engagement: We can chat and discuss a lot about your brand or product with the actual audience.
- Quicker publicity: Creating awareness, grabbing the audience’s attention, or making publicity is quicker.
- Good for all Stages of Fields: Digital marketing is the best option for small business to maximize online presence and advertise
- Easy analytics: By Google Analytics we measure all real-time factors, such as inbound traffic, bounce rate, traffic conversion rate, profit, and the general trend of the interested customers.
- Strategy Refinement: It is possible to refine our marketing strategy by analyzing real-time results to take instant action.
Want to grab a chance to learn a Free Digital Marketing Course?
Even though traditional marketing still has a place, digital marketing is the future. The fact is that every company and brand needs a digital marketing strategy to survive in today’s world.
So, there are plenty of career opportunities. If you are interested in joining this exciting field. Mr. Veerendhra Chowdary’s Free Digital Marketing and DBA Mastery Course offer outstanding training with a Live webinar.